Wednesday, September 8, 2010

...you know, unless it IS

So hey, remember how I wrote that whole thing about post-partum thyroiditis, and how I probably had that, and it was SO CRAZY because I had all the symptoms and I was so proud of myself for actually realizing that there was something wrong with me, etc? Well, scratch all that, because apparently I DON'T have post-partum thyroiditis; in fact, I called the doctor's office and all of my blood tests came back totally normal. Which is awesome and all, because it means I'm not in the process of blowing out my thyroid, but not awesome, because it means I now have no explanation for my hair loss OR my rash, other than that I am That Gross Woman now.

You know, the one you see in the cafeteria at work, or at the bus stop while you're driving by in your nice, non-rashy car. With the conspicuous bald spot and the bright red welts all over her arms. And you think, oh, wow, look at That Gross Woman.

That is me! I am her! I'm That Gross Woman! Are they going to come and take away my car? Am I going to have to start eating Marie Callander pot pies for lunch every day? Is there some sort of handbook for this? I haven't been this set adrift since my time as That Stupidly Ugly Teenager!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray... For the fact that you're blogging again. Not for the fact that apparently reflexes cancer may still be in the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still lose my hair in massive amounts...it's something we aren't told about in our classes that teach us about changing diapers and how to properly get our baby to latch on. How do I get get my hair and hormones to properly latch on? I want to know that one. I hope things get better, Kim!

    ReplyDelete